The 128 MW run-of-river project, on the Keyal Khwar Nallah, a right bank tributary of the Indus river in Lower Kohistan District of the northwestern province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, is to be financed with a loan from Kreditanstalt fur Wiederaufbau (KfW) of Germany, with co-financing from the Agence Française de Développement.
The contract comprises:
- mechanical powerhouse equipment, including two vertical shaft five-jet Pelton turbines of not less than 64 MW rated capacity each, with rated turbine discharge of 10 m3/s per unit and a rated gross head of 719.6 m; two spherical type main turbine inlet valves, one powerhouse main crane and all required mechanical auxiliaries;
- electrical powerhouse equipment, including two vertical shaft, salient pole 74 MVA generators of with a rated voltage of 11 kV and rated power factor of 0.85, two main step-up transformers, 132 kV cable system and all electrical auxiliary systems; and,
- 132 kV outdoor switchyard equipment, and a 132 kV double circuit transmission line, 0.75 km long, from the Keyal Khwar plant to the interconnection point with the national grid for power evacuation via the Duber Khwar and the Allai Khwar hydro plant switchyards.
Prequalification will be conducted through prequalification procedures of International Competitive Bidding (ICB) specified in the procurement guidelines of KfW and WAPDA, and is open to all applicants as specified in the pre-qualification document and the applicable procurement guidelines (available from KfW’s website)
For prequalification purposes, the applicants, besides other criteria, will have to meet the following minimum requirements:
- capacity to have a minimum cash flow amount of €6 million equivalent;
- average annual construction turnover of €25 million within the last five years;
- general construction experience for at least 15 years prior to the application submission deadline; • specific construction experience of at least two contracts each with a value of at least €30 million, similar in nature to the proposed equipment works within the last 15 years; and,
- International ESHS Certification and capacity for implementation of Environmental and Social and Health and Safety Management aspects related to projects of significant ESHS impact.
A complete set of prequalification documents can be purchased on submission of a written application to the address below, and on payment of a non-refundable fee of PKR 10 000 by pay order, demand draft, banker’s cheque, or online transfer, in the name of Chief Engineer/Project Director Keyal Khwar HPP, WAPDA (IBAN: PK88ALFH0409001005592611, account name: CHF ENG/PROJT DIR KYL KHR HYD PW PR). The request must clearly state ‘Request for Pre-qualification Documents for Keyal Khwar Hydropower Project – Contract No. KKHPP-03: Procurement/ design, fabrication, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of mechanical and electrical equipment’.
For further information, contact:
General Manager PD Projects
Kashmir Road, Sunny View
Lahore, Punjab 54000
Tel: +92 42 99 202 661