Requests for Proposals (RfPs) are invited by 26 September to develop the project, on the Kuribrong river, a tributary of the Potaro river, in the western region of Cuyuni-Mazaruni, either on the basis of a 20-year BOOT concession or on a design-build-finance (DBF) basis, according to a notice announced by the Office of the Prime Minister on 23 July.
The scope of work includes:
- a dam, 165 MW hydro plant, and related works;
- creation of a 23 km2 storage reservoir consistent with the environmental studies;
- a 270 km-long, double-circuit 230 kV transmission line from Amaila to Sophia, Georgetown;
- 230 kV substations in Linden and Sophia, and upgrades and completion of roads and bridges to the site (85 km of new roads and 122 km of existing roads).
The Government of Guyana (GoG) intends for construction work to begin in the second half of 2022 for commissioning by the end of 2025.
Further details of the project (technical and economic aspects) and how it will fit in with Guyana’s national expansion plans, appear in Issue 4 of Hydropower & Dams
The response to the RFP will be used to determine a capable partner that will be selected to work with the Government to complete the project based on
- the timeframes stipulated; an ,
- the lowest economic costs including life-cycle costs.
All pertinent information available from the Government will be made available via a secured website on completion of a confidentiality undertaking/non-disclosure agreement. Questions or clarifications should be received no later than ten working days before the closing deadline. A virtual workshop will be held no later than three weeks prior to the closing deadline. Interested parties should register via the Office of the Prime Minister. A registration fee of G$ 50 000 will be charged. Additional details can be obtained in Issue 4 of H&D and from the email below. Responses to the RFP must be submitted to the Office of the Prime Minister at the address below.
For further information, contact:
Office of the Prime Minister,
205 Camp Street, Georgetown,
Guyana; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;