The project is to be developed by the state power utility Electricidade de Moçambique (EDM), Hidroeléctrica de Cahora Bassa (HCB), and a strategic partner on a limited recourse project finance basis, according to the tender notice published on 4 March.
MIREME seeks to engage a project director who will be responsible for the creation of an efficient management team to ensure the attainment of the strategic objectives of the project development, coordinating the activities of the Office for the Implementation of the Mphanda Nkuwa hydropower project. The selected individual, who will report to the Coordination Committee, will have the following responsibilities:
- establish teams responsible for materializing each part of the project implementation, appointing, when deemed necessary, the respective managers;
- supervise the project activities, establishing, monitoring and evaluating the compliance of the objectives and controlling the quality of the documentation produced for the various activities;
- elaborate the schedule and budget of the actions foreseen for each of the activities for the Coordination Committee;
- prepare periodical progress reports on the various activities that comprise the project and keep the Minister of Mineral Resources and Energy informed about their progress;
- help in the preparation of the Terms of Reference, closing and later contractual management of the companies and consultants defined as critical for the project;
- coordinate the contracting process of the strategic partner, with international experience in the structuring and operation of similar projects and with documented financial evidence; and,
- advise the Minister of Mineral Resources and Energy and other relevant entities about the decisions to be taken and deemed necessary for the correct project development.
Minimum requirements for the post include a Degree or Master Degree in Economics and Management, Civil Engineering or Electricity or Mechanics, a minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the energy sector, including the coordination of at least a project of similar nature and complexity, extensive experience in project finance and in the selection of consultants and the respective management of contracts and, preferably, fluency in English and Portuguese.
The duration of the post is 24 months, but may be extended with the needs of the project.
Interested candidates must submit applications for Reference No: 01/ MNK/2019 through the website https://mireme.talentos.co.mz, managed by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Mineral Resources and Energy.
For further information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.