PGE Energia Odnawialna, the renewable energy division of Poland’s largest power producer Polska Grupa Energetyczna (PGE), has extended the deadline for bidding for the modernization of the 544 MW Porąbka-Żar pumped-storage plant in Silesia in southern Poland to 15 December. Bids from qualified contractors were originally invited by 30 October. Commissioned in 1979, Porąbka-Żar in Międzybrodzie Bialskie, within the Soła River Cascade, is the second largest pumped-storage plant in Poland and its only underground power plant.
The modernization works to be carried out under an Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract entail:
- preliminary work, including design work;
- modernization of the four 150 MVA motor generators with accessories, four pump turbines with equipment, and electrical equipment and installations, including 30 kV switching station and auxiliary transformers;
- supply of all electrical, electro-mechanical equipment, telecommunication and automation systems as well as ventilation and air conditioning equipment;
- execution of construction works (dismantling, adaptation of building structures to new equipment and installation of new equipment); and,
- commissioning of the plant and training.
For further information, contact: Monika Kostrzewa and/or
PGE Energia Odnawialna,
Ul. Ogrodowa 59a,
Tel: +48 224331363;