Pakhtunkhwa Energy Development Organization (PEDO), an autonomous body of the Government of Pakistan’s northwestern province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, with responsibility for fast tracking development of the energy
sector of the province, invites expressions of interest from qualified consultants by 15 May to assist with the implementation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Hydropower Development Programme, which is being supported by the World Bank.
The consulting services are likely to include, but will not be limited to:
- construction supervision of the Gabral-Kalam hydropower project of about 100 MW on the river Gabral, a tributary of the Swat, support in procurement of works, goods and services related to this scheme, contract management in the role of ‘engineer’ as well as management support and technical assistance;
- review of feasibility study, preparation of detail designs and tender documents, procurement management as well as construction supervision (in the role of the ‘engineer’) for two hydropower schemes on the river Panjkora in the Upper Dir district – 47 MW Kalkot-Barikot-Patrak and 22 MW Patrak-Sheringgal projects; and,
- provision of technical assistance, training, capacity building in all projects, identification planning, design, development, construction supervision, financial management, developing financing, legal and institutional strategies and structures as well as project management.
The consulting services are expected to start from January 2020 and continue until completion of the project, which is at least six years. Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services. The shortlisting criteria include:
- at least 12 years of experience in development, design, and construction supervision of hydropower projects as a core business, expertise in environment management, health and safety and site management of large (100 MW+) hydropower projects;
- should have cumulatively designed and implemented at least 2000 MW of hydropower plants in at least three countries; and,
- possess key staff with expertise in design and construction supervision of dams, tunnels, hydropower plants, turbines, generator and electrical substations.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the part clearers in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based selection (QCBS) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained from the office of the Director of Business Development of PEDO during office hours at the address below. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax). For further information, contact:
Director of Business Development
Pakhtunkhwa Energy Development Organization
Plot 38, Sect B-2
Peshawar , Pakistan
Tel: +92 91 921 7224
Fax: +9291 921 7277